Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Saturday 16 April 2011

"Globally Busy"


Hey guys!

I know I promised that it wouldn't be so long this time... ooops! I hope this blog goes some way to explaining myself...

I've been a little on the busy side, choreographing a youth production of Romeo and Julliet for a lovely new Community Theatre company in Glossop called Theatre Peaks, as well as working towards the fabulous Music Boxes project with my beloved MIF (that's the Manchester International Festival for those new to the page!) who's banners slowly appear to be taking over the city... and it's only April... Well, I'm not complaining!

One of the most exciting things I've been to lately is the Globally Digital Launch at Contact Theatre, Manchester. Contact are renowned for doing exciting new things with performance, but the dance telepresence on this night really blew me away. Contact linked up with another theatre in New York to create a duet between two dancers who were thousands of miles away from each other. With Contact leading the way, the possibilities really are endless.

Much Love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment