Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Wednesday 10 November 2010

Flirting with London...

I'd forgotten how much I love that city. Even spending just an evening there, as I did on Thursday of last week, you can feel the London vibe creeping through your veins...

My collegue and I had a wonderful train journey down there - meetings on the train are always best, I find - you have more of an opportunity to talk things through. Of course, an extra bit of entertainment was provided by the Virgin Pendolino, with it's fantastic tilt mode on full whack as we steamed around the corners.

We arrived in London a little early for the launch party we were attending, and so our new mission was to find a cafe to sit in for a while and kill time. It was the cafe which we found that really reminded me of my love for this fantastic city.

The Union Theatre and Cafe - housed in what seems to be a garage just off one of the streets that leads from Southwark Underground, this quaint little cafe with it's theatre at the back is the perfect example of what London has to offer - the arts, lit up by fairy lights in a determination to show everybody that they are there, and that they deserve to be. The chairs and tables didn't match, and the doors were left open so that you could hear boy racers pass in their cars on the street, blasting hip hop as they went, but that was the beauty of it - you could watch all of London go by from this cafe, and perhaps watch some of their stories in the theatre behind you. Perfect. I'd love to return to that establishment one day, and take in a play while I'm there.

I'll "flirt with London" as Devina puts it :)

Much Love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment