Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Wednesday 3 November 2010

Inspirations...

...not as abundant as you'd like are they? And I'm not talking about a beautiful summer's day that inspires you to write a poem, I'm talking about people. These days, you get sick of hearing young girls claiming that Miss Katie Price, aka Jordan, is their hero. Hardly an inspiring woman if you ask me.

Having said that, the lack of inspirations in everyday life make it all the more noticable when you finally come across one. This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I met a woman who commands every room she walks into. The kind of person who you have a conversation with an instantly want to be like her, you wangt to have the same power that she has over people.

This woman offered to help me. And she will be doing so for a year. That's what is truly inspiring about her. She's got where she wanted to be, yes, but she's going to make sure others do the same as well. Now that, especially in such a competitive industry like the arts, is extremely rare, and I've made a pact with myself to make sure I follow her philosophy on teaching others for the rest of my career.

And to top it all off, this woman was absolutely fabulous and a true rock chick.

That's me in 30 years, I promise you.

Much love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment