Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Wednesday 5 January 2011

New Year's Ideas

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a good one! Starting 2011 off with some of my aims, hopes and dreams for this year. As I’ve been saying on Twitter, I’m not calling these resolutions, because then I won’t keep them!

1) Find a flat for the month of July
I’ll be chucking myself in the deep end with two festivals this year – MIF (30th June-17th July) and the 24:7 Theatre Festival (21st-30th July) both in Manchester City Centre. I ain’t commuting back to Handforth – it’s a nightmare! Anyways, it’ll give me the opportunity to grab a scrap of my independence back. You all know that I’m not a fan of living with the ‘rents and so a month immersed in the performing arts industry and away from home would be heaven. Of course I’m also thinking of the parties!

Another place lived in is another chapter in my life :)

2) Get as many Broken Rose Performances out there as possible.
Broken Rose currently have two tour dates in the diary:
14th February 2011 – dance solo at “Open Mind” event, Earth café, Manchester
28th October 2011 - performed extract of the play “Bitten” at “Open Mind”, Earth café, Manchester

I’m working on some more as I blog, and I have some ideas for larger scale events, including a dance parade. Keep your eyes peeled on the website rockstars!
www.brokenrose.eu

3) Learn to drive
I’ve been meaning to do this for a while. My mate said she did it in 3 months, knowing my hectic schedule, I should probably aim for the end of my contract at MIF – 4th Oct. I gotta be able to do it by then!

4) Attend the IETM conference in Krakow, Poland
This fabulous international performing arts conference takes place between the 6th and the 9th of October, and is perfectly placed after my contract ends. I can’t miss this one. I may even be joining my old boss there!

5) New Workout – 3 times a week
Because sitting behind a desk is no good for my ass!
Single Arm Crunches (20 each side)
Intermediate Squats (x50)
Inner thigh raises

6) Go back to ballet on Wednesdays
Self explanatory, really.

7) Try and get a book published, whether that be poetry or prose.
I’ve had many writing projects in the pipeline for a while, and I’m determined to get at least one of them out there somewhere this year. I should probably finish them then... !

8) New tattoo
Crossing my fingers for a new forearm piece by Leah Moule. The tattoo will focus around a celtic key, going back to my Irish roots. Really excited by the concept and at the prospect of getting tattooed by such a famous artist.

9) New York trip – December 2011
A crazy but cool idea me and my mate have been batting around for a while. We WILL go to New York, and we WILL do it this year! =D

10) APAP – January 2012
I know it’s jumping the gun a bit, but I need to aim for this in order to get me to California. APAP is a huge performing arts conference/performance showcase in New York. It’s the key to getting into the US industry, I’m told. So that’s two New York trips then? Phew!

Now I wanna hear yours!

Much love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment