Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Sunday 10 October 2010

We few, we happy few...

I've noticed over the past couple of months how your bedroom can tell the story of your life. I first realised this when I returned home from university, and tried desperately to cram all of my new belongings back into my tiny box room in my parents' house. Needless to say, I've still not been completely successful in that task, but as I filled every surface with old and new tophies and medals, certificates, books, DVDs and CDs, I saw how every chapter of my life was represented in some way.

The pictures which grace my walls date back to the year 10 residential trip to France, whilst the new editions to my shelves include various different graduation bears. I don't think there is a section of my life so far that isn't documented in those four walls.

This idea hit home even more, and in a very different way, when my parents recieved a new painting to go on the living room wall. The painting is entitled "Band of Brothers", and I'm told that the Shakespeare reference is intentional. It's a painting of my father and his three best friends, one of which, let's just say, is rather ill.

It's a sobering thought to have this particular part of our lives documented, but an important one, nonetheless.

"We few, we happy few
We band of brothers."

- William Shakespeare.

Much Love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment