Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Saturday 23 October 2010

You're the Boss

Some old cogs are turning. Some new ones too. Alongside my fabulous position of Trainee Producer, dance and writing are returning to my life in a big way, and I'm so thankful that I'm able to do all three. I truly believe that I have some very special people in my life who should take some credit for this.

I've been extremely lucky to have had a couple of rather inspiring employers in my time, who've always done all that was and is possible to make sure that my dreams come true. In fact, one of my previous employers continues to get me involved in various different opportunities, for which I am eternally grateful.

However, despite how much they have helped me over the years, one lesson which they have never neglected to teach me, is that of self sufficiency in the arts world. If you have a dream in this industry, you need to learn to be your own boss. Fast. Don't let those who run auditions get under your skin, and don't give anything to agencies until they prove that work is waiting for you. Go out there and find your niche, find your own work, and work hard at it. There are many examples of industry professionals in Manchester who do just this. Unfortunately, their hard work and passion is not always recognised.

Luckily for me, I've worked with two arts organisations in the City now, and both of them put hard work and passion on a pedastal like no other employer. Such is the heart and soul of this city.

Much love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment