Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Saturday 9 October 2010

"You already look like you're at home!"

Thats what one of the producers at work said to me the other day. It was my second day at the Manchester International Festival, and the comment made me feel all fuzzy inside. I really feel like I'm part of the team already, it's fantastic.

To those of you who are in the process of starting a new job or career, my advice is simply to go for it. Dive in head first. At the begining of the week, I was concentrating mainly on listening and taking notes, knowing that I had so much to learn, but at the same time I was worried that I should be saying more; firing ideas into the ether to prove myself as a producer. Well today I think I may have started doing just that. And it feels fantastic. My ideas were well received and discussed along with the ideas of the rest of my team. I feel really good about this job.

What's fantastic is the fact that, going out for a drink with my MIF girls tonight, I felt as if I was dying to talk more about work, just as much as I wanted to get to know them even better. And last night, meeting friends in the pub and thinking how my world will now literary revolve around the performing arts, travelling and going out with friends. That's exactly what I've always dreamed of.

I've got a feeling this is going to be an absolutely amazing 12 months! I've completely fallen in love with my new life already.

On a completely different note, I've been meaning to tell you guys for a while now about a choir that I saw during my first year of University - The Watoto Children's choir, which is made up of children who have lost their parents to war or disease. They are a stunning performance group, and you should definitely check them out.

Much Love.
CC.



http://www.watoto.com/the-choir

No comments:

Post a Comment