Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Thursday 16 September 2010

Artistic Promiscuity

That's what my new boss called it. Mixing different styles and elements of otherwise unrelated performance arts. Something I've done before, and will continue to do in the future and something which Manchester International Festival are involved in. Fantastic. In my opinion there's not enough of this kind of thing in the world.

One of the best examples I have seen of this Artistic Promiscuity was in Tanja Liedtke's Twelfth Floor, which I saw at the Warwick Arts Centre in February 2009. Liedtke's mix of fluid the contemporary dance, which was performed by the majority of the cast, with the rigid balletic movements of the repressive dictator character created a show like nothing I've ever seen before. To top it off, the story that was told was extremely touching, visually arresting and rather thought provoking. A true performance with such unique artistic flair.

Artistic Promiscuity...
Ima keep using that :P

Much love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment