Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Tuesday 14 September 2010

Naturally.

This month's isseue of National Geographic contains a Green suppliment which asks the question: "What's Nature Worth?"

The article which claims to answer this speaks of how, if people focus on the economic value of nature, we might have a better chance at saving it. Now, while I appreciate the attempt to instigate a change of heart in individuals who currently don't seem to care about the environment, I feel that the issue of the survival of the planet should be pushed more forcefully.

I don't understand why certain people have to be convinced by the amount of money they would conserve by being environmentally friendly. Shouldn't the survival of the planet which is there home and its preservation for future generations take precendence over this? I guess I will never understand such people.

However, reading such things has put this book on my wishlist:

"How Bad are Bananas?" by Mike Berners-Lee

I add this to my already rather pricey list of:

Second and third book of Steig Larsson's Millenium trilogy - I read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" as part of a book club recently, and I was completely enthralled by it. It's a pity that I've got such a huge pile of books to get through first, before I'll have the chance to read the other two of Larsson's books.

"Bones" seasons 3-5 - I had forgotten how much I loved this programme. I watched it religiously from it piolot until about halfway through season 2, at which point Virgin Media had an argument with Sky and the channels Sky 1 and 2 were cut from my television package. Right on a cliff hanger. I bought the second series box set when it came out and I've only just gotten around to watching it. A fascinating and touching look into the life of a forensic anthropologist - I would reccomend it to anyone.

In other news, I've got to figure out 2 lines of banter for the "Cobwebs" play and then I'll be away on my second draft! Long story...

Much love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment