Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Wednesday 29 September 2010

Northern Quarter Love

I was wandering around in Manchester's Northern Quarter today, firstly getting my lip ring and stud replaced with much more comfortable jewellery. I go to a place called "Holier than Thou", which I reccommend to anyone interested in body modification in the Manchester area. Their set up is reassuringly hospital-like, and you walk into the procedure rooms knowing that you are in very safe hands. Their eclectic collection of body jewellery is like no other. The shop is a fantastic little find, in my opinion.

My cousin was with me, getting a microdermal implant, which looked like a rather painful procedure, but at the same time fascinating watching how they attach the jewellery to the skin.

After the pain, I took my cousin to the Cocoa Emporium in Afflecks palace - a stunning cake and chocolate shop and cafe, this is a relatively new addition to Manchester's landmark attraction, Afflecks palace. They sell the most exquisite vegan cupcakes - the kind that you are too scared to eat for fear of ruining them. But my god do they taste good!

The Northern Quarter seems such an appropriate location to showcase Manchester's eclectic notions of culture. It's vibrant scene is inspired by the new generations in Manchester, and it's long been the home of burgeoning arts companies. In fact, I know that my former employers at the 24:7 Theatre Festival are looking into finding a base in that area, because it is so perfect for such revolutionary activity.

Much love.
CC.





Holier than Thou - www.thirteentwelve.com/holier/
Cocoa Emporium - www.cocoaemporium.co.uk
24:7 Theatre Festival - www.247theatrefestival.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment