Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Monday 20 September 2010

Rock and Respite

I've just got back from the "Rock and Respite" festival at Manchester's Sound Control. The event was put on in aid of Francis House, which aims to give terminally ill children a better quality of life. A fantastic cause, and a fantastic gig put on in aid of it.

I love events like this. I've said before that I don't go to enough festivals, so I guess this was me starting as I mean to go on. The line-up was phenomenal. As The Suns stamped the balls of their toe picker shoes in unison, even a discarded penny managed to get in on the action, bouncing it's way onto the set.

Highlighs included Kid British's punk/reggae/rap which showed everyone how proud they were of being northern, cleverly including a song about getting lost in London, which definitely warmed the cockles of my heart!

As always, The Jesse Rose Trip were simply amazing. Their funky riffs juxtaposed with Jesse Rose's Soulful voice make for unique listening. You heard it here first - this girl is going to be huge!

Bummed that I missed my faves, Sonic Boom Six, because the last train home is ridiculously early. Man, I need to learn how to drive...

Jesse Rose Trip Photos:




Much love.
CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment