Celtic Californian

A proud Mancunian Dancer, Choreographer, Artistic Director and Performing Arts Producer who's heart is calling to her from San Fransisco.

www.brokenrose.eu

Feel free to contact me at celticalifornianblogger@gmail.com



Wednesday 8 September 2010

A Reading Matter...

I never actually acknowledged how useful my English Degree was going to be. I figured that I was there to perform, and prove that my brain hadn't completely gone to mush, but I didn't realise that in researching source material for a play of my own, I'd need to know everything the University of Warwick had taught me.

Some reference to "The Epic of Gilgamesh" being a source of vampirism in Ancient Babylonia got my brain ticking over and I realised that I had the text itself on my bookshelf from when I'd studied the epic tradition. It's weird how things seem to fit together like that. And also really weird how apparently there's some kind of monster/vampire that came from Leamington Spa, which just happens to be where I lived whilst at uni. Hmmm... creepy.

Speaking of reading material, a tweet from the lovely bubzbeauty reminded me how huge a stack of manga is collecting dust on that very bookshelf. I used to love manga... and now I can't remember what I've read and what I haven't.

Meh.

CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment